Become a Puppy Raiser
Assistance dogs aren’t just born, there are raised.
Volunteer puppy raisers provide a safe home, take them to obedience classes, server a healthy diet, provide socialization opportunities and give lots of love.
Each hour spent caring for a Pawsitism Puppy is vital to its development as a future assistance dog. Puppy raising program-unique activity for volunteers to assist with our very important mission.
Please note; you must be at least 18 years old to be a volunteer puppy raiser. Those under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian as a co-applicant on the puppy Raiser application.
As a volunteer puppy raiser, you must agree to the following:
- Provide a safe environment for a puppy who will be the only dog under one-year-old in the house today
- Work closely with positives on monitoring the puppies progress and submit monthly reports
- Attend approved obedience classes
- Provide age appropriate socialization opportunities such as public outings and medical appointments
- Keep the puppy on a leash at all times in less than a securely fenced area
- Supervise the young puppy throughout the day
- Agreed to return the puppy upon request