Become a Puppy Raiser
Assistance dogs aren’t just born, they are raised.
"We like to think of ourselves as Harry's first family, raising him to be the best dog he can be for his future child and forever family."
Volunteer puppy raisers provide a safe home, participate in obedience classes, serve a healthy diet, provide socialization opportunities and give a lot of love to our Pawsitism, Inc. dogs.
Each hour spent caring for a Pawsitism puppy is vital to its development as a future autism assistance service dog. We provide a puppy raising program and unique activities for volunteers to assist with to support our very important mission.
Please note: you must be at least 18 years old to be a volunteer puppy raiser. Those under the age of 18 must have a parent or legal guardian as a co-applicant on the puppy raiser application.
As a volunteer puppy raiser, you must agree to the following:
- Provide a safe environment for a puppy who will be the only dog under one-year-old in the house
- Work closely with Pawsitism, Inc. on monitoring the puppy’s progress and submit monthly reports
- Attend approved obedience classes
- Provide age appropriate socialization opportunities such as public outings and medical appointments
- Keep the puppy on a leash at all times in less they are securely in a fenced area
- Supervise the young puppy throughout the day
- Agree to return the puppy upon request